CIIE 2021 Business Matching Event(Philippines)
On November 2nd and 3rd, Guangdong(China) Imported Food Association (IFA), FOOD2CHINA jointly organized the China International Import EXPO 2021 Business Matching Activity (Philippines) with The Department of Trade and Industry（DTI）, The Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM), The Department of Trade and Industry-Export Marketing Bureau (DTI-EMB) and The Philippine Trade and Investment Center (Guangzhou, Shanghai).
The event offers a wide range of products, including beverages, snacks and other processed products, fresh fruits and frozen products as well as condiments. Chinese buyers can experience the wonderful Philippine culture without leaving China.
Highlights of The Event
Before the event, USEC. ABDULGANI M. MACATOMAN, the representative of Philippine Trade Promotion Group, Mario C. Tani, the commercial vice consul of Philippine Trade and Investment Centre-Shanghai, as well as Mr. Wolfgang Qi, the president of IFA all attended the online opening ceremony on the first day and gave speeches, wishing the event a great success.
Mr. Qi first thanked the Philippine team for their support of organizing the event, then gave some suggestions on how Philippine food could be further developed in the Chinese imported food market.
USEC. ABDULGANI M. MACATOMAN from Philippine Trade Promotions Group
Mario C. Tani from Philippine Trade and Investment Centre-Shanghai
Mr. Wolfgang Qi from IFA&Food2China
There were 40 Philippine food suppliers attended this event with products in various categories. Food2China invited 74 food importers, distributors, hotels&restaurants and supermarkets from Guangdong, Guangxi, Shanghai, Shanxi, Liaoning and other places for 175 one-to-one meetings.
Slide to see more
Feedback of The Event
Feedback from the buyer
Feedback from the buyer
Feedback from the supplier
After the event, the majority of buyers showed their strong intention to further communicate with suppliers after the meeting. Among them, the fresh fruit and frozen products, snacks and other processed products were particularly popular with buyers, Mr. Pan from Zhuhai has intention to cooperate with the suppliers of coconut products, Mr. Zhang from Foshan will further discuss with beverages and coconut oil supplier, Ms. Liang from Guangzhou will discuss the sample delivery with banana chips and coconut oil supplier and Mr. Wu from Shenzhen will further cooperate with fresh fruits supplier.
In addition, the Philippine delegation will participate in the 4th China International Import Expo to be held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10. We sincerely invite enterprises who are interested in Philippine food to visit and explore business opportunities together.
Behind The Scene
The successful completion of this event is inseparable from the hard work of our IFA & F2C team.
Before The Event
1. We invited buyers according to suppliers' categories, and communicated with buyers and suppliers to ensure the compatibility of products.
2. We made the meeting schedule for both Chinese buyers and the Philippine suppliers, allocated online meeting rooms, and provided one-to-one online operation guidance for Chinese buyers to ensure the orderly progress of the meeting.
3. We did technical tests and rehearsals before the meeting to ensure the smoothness of the meeting.
4. We trained the interpreters on procedures, food industry expertise, emergency handling, etc., and required them to be familiar with all the relevant information to ensure the smooth completion of each meeting.
During The Meeting
1. F2C team kept following up with the buyers and guide them online.
2. Interpreters and F2C team members were online all the time to ensure the smooth running of the meeting.
3. We kept a timely record of the meeting content.
After The Event
1. We reviewed the event of the two days and sorted out the contents of the meeting.
2. We actively follow up and give feedback to both parties after the meeting.
In the future, the Philippine government, IFA and FOOD2CHINA will continue to deepen cooperation to optimize food export channels for Philippine enterprises. At the same time, we will continue to further cooperate with the consulates of various countries in Guangzhou to bring more foreign food to China.